How safe is your family holiday in South Tyrol?
Many advantages speak in favour of your family holiday in the Dolomites
Do you know what we're doing at Sonnwies right now?
Look forward and plan ahead!
Because finally it's official: On 18.06.2020 we are allowed to open our Sonnwies again.
From June 3, 2020, the freedom to travel will be restored throughout Italy. Guests from the EU area and Switzerland will be allowed to enter without quarantine regulations! Meanwhile all German states as well as Switzerland have lifted their quarantine obligation, i.e. GERMAN AND SWISS CITIZENS CAN enter and leave SOUTHTYROL without restrictions from JUNE, 3 (opening of the Italian state border). Austria has still closed its own borders, but as the Austrian Ministry of the Interior confirms, "transit through Austria is allowed without stopping, provided that exit is guaranteed".
Therefore German and Swiss citizens can travel through Austria. We recommend to take the booking confirmation of the hotel with you so that you can prove that you are travelling to South Tyrol/Italy. Although the German Foreign Office in Germany has issued a "worldwide travel warning" until June 14th, this is not a general travel ban but only a recommendation.
Sonnwies CAREFREE Service
With full power and lots of anti-Covid-19 measures that will protect you and our employees. Hygiene and cleanliness have always been top priorities for us, and these are now being intensified once again. That nothing stands in the way of a carefree holiday this year, too.
So we guarantee you again your family vacation and may
To show you how beautiful the original Lüsnertal can be. You enjoy the exclusivity of our resort, as it is only accessible to our hotel guests, otherwise there is no public traffic. The outstanding location in nature makes our place unique. Sun-spoiled, sheltered from the wind, pure spring water, good mountain air and lots of space around the resort offer freedom and freedom of movement. This nature can be felt everywhere in the hotel:
In the children's areas, in the water worlds, in the architecture, in the rooms and suites and of course in the culinary delights.
This is our unique power place for families in the UNESCO World Natural Heritage Dolomites.
P.S. We will maintain our inclusive services as well as possible with all necessary security measures. Some things will not be possible this year - but despite Covid-19 you will be able to enjoy many things and will certainly consciously appreciate and love them even more.
We are very much looking forward to seeing you,
Your family Hinteregger
The natural resources in the resort (nature, space, place)
Far away from the classical tourist streams in the Hideaway Valley Lüsen on a 2 acres mountain meadow in southern exposure with more than 300 sunny days/ year at the foot of the Dolomites. With lots of space and room in and around the resort. The Sonnwies impresses with its above-average generosity of space and room, from the pool landscapes to the children's worlds. The restaurants are also very spacious, so that everyone has the necessary distance. The resort is open exclusively for our house guests, not for the public.
Sonnwies Hygiene Concept
The Sonnwies sets standards in many areas of the hotel industry. The well-being and safety of our guests and employees are our top priority. Especially when it comes to hygiene in our hotel. Due to the current situation, we have expanded our rigorous hygiene programme, with preventive measures unique to Sonnwies. We have set ourselves very high standards through constant training of our staff, professionalism and state-of-the-art technology. So you can enjoy your family holiday in our hotel in the World Heritage Dolomites with peace of mind.
• Ozone cleaning of public areas such as bars, restaurants, children's club, etc.
• Well thought-out disinfection plans for the various departments.
• Visors or face masks for all employees who take the necessary measures very seriously.
• Covid temperature test for our employees at every start of work.
• Temperature measurement of all persons by innovative thermal imaging camera at check-in, reception and at the entrances to the restaurants.
• We use special detergents and disinfectants for all surfaces and areas to guarantee maximum hygiene throughout the hotel every day. In many areas, we have also set up hygiene columns with disinfectants from Hagleitner, Hollu or Hygan, with which our guests can maintain their personal hygiene.
• Monitoring the water quality of the swimming pools by the most modern Atzwanger technology, which achieves the highest water quality.
Sonnwies Carefree Service
So that you can plan your Sonnwies holiday without worries
As mentioned above, hygiene and cleanliness are our highest priority. We can proudly say that we always pay the highest attention to cleanliness and hygiene in all areas of our hotel. Our personal demands are far above the legal standards. We always strive to maintain this already very high standard and of course to continue to introduce innovative improvements.
- Online Check In (check in comfortably before arrival).
- Check Out: In order to shorten the time at the reception, we will send you your cost overview in advance. You pay comfortably and quickly at the reception or online.
- Rigorous hygiene concept.
- Temperature monitoring of all persons circulating in the Sonnwies.
- 15.000m² garden with lots of free space.
- Generous outdoor facilities directly accessible from the resort.
- The usual spacing rules apply in the company.
- There are no distance rules for people wich stay in the same room.
- Childcare takes place in small groups.
Our suites with lots of space for the whole family, some with their own whirlpool, sauna or infinity pool, offer a lot of privacy and freedom. Of course always in the most beautiful panoramic location.
Our employees wear a visor so that we can continue to convey the smile. In the kitchen everything is prepared with the utmost care, as always at Sonnwies level. Surfaces are regularly disinfected, face visors and gloves are a matter of course. Employees also wear gloves and the light transparent visor at the buffets or food counters.
• As usual in Sonnwies, as many dishes as possible are served at the table.
• Our spacious restaurants offer plenty of space in which we can grant the legal minimum distance between the tables.
• At your table and at the bar you do not need a mouth guard. Only at the buffet we ask you to wear a mouthguard/scarf out of respect to your fellow men.
• Disinfection stations for the hands are available.
• YOUR TABLE RESERVATION
The spaciousness of our restaurant allows us to reserve a fixed table for each host family for the entire stay at each meal. The necessary distance can be maintained.
• On request, meals can also be served in the suites/chalets (at extra charge).
Our age-appropriate clubs are open daily from Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 21.00, Saturday from 12.00 to 21.00 and Sunday from 17.00. The supervision takes place in small groups. The supervisors wear Plexiglas visors. Mountain nature has always played the leading role in Sonnwies, so this summer, too, a variety of our programmes will take place at every opportunity together with the parents in nature and on our mountain farm. Playgrounds and child care rooms, play equipment and toys are always cleaned and disinfected regularly.
Some things will change this year in terms of childcare - many things will be the same.
But one thing we can promise: fun and experiences in nature are guaranteed!
Wellness & Active
The Sonnwies Water Worlds are a highlight for many guests. We offer several indoor and outdoor pools with innumerable sunbathing possibilities and also various spacious relaxation areas. Due to the chlorine content in the pool water, no transmission of the virus is possible, so nothing stands in the way of water fun. Our resort and destination is a true hideaway for demanding families. Originality and nature with lots of space and room for the whole family.
• Our extensive parks and sunbathing areas offer many retreat zones with the necessary distance
• Beauty and wellness treatments will take place in compliance with the hygiene measures
• Our activity programme, indoor and outdoor, will take place as usual with the minimum distance
• Free bike rental and e-bike rental (for a fee) are available
- Cable cars may open from 25 May.
• Trade and gastronomy, as well as mountain pastures and refuges open regularly
P.s. Our measures are constantly revised and adapted according to the laws.
We ask our guests to observe the following measures
• Keep at least 2 metres distance from other persons except for persons from the same household or fellow travellers in the same accommodation unit.
• Mouth and nose protection in the entrance area and at the reception - except for children up to the age of 6 years or persons who cannot be expected to wear it for health reasons.
• Reduce congestion at the reception and in the restaurant
• Contactless payment if possible - preferably pay by card
• Follow the instructions of the employees
• Do not shake hands or hug
• Wash hands several times a day and disinfect them on our Stations
• Avoid touching your face with uncleaned hands
• Sneeze or cough in the crook of your arm or in a handkerchief
• Do not travel at the first sign of illness. In case of signs during your stay, contact the host family.