The show mine “Schneeberg” (Snow Mountain) in Maiern near Ridanna/Ridnaun
Medieval miners at work in the snow mine, into which you get on the “Hüttenhund” (a special carriage), the giantess from Ridanna/Ridnaun in the museum. The show mine in Maiern near Ridanna/Ridnaun tells about the life and work of miners since medieval times, a story of great joy and sorrow.
Mountains, climbing adventures, hiking experiences, natural swimming ponds, tennis courts and summer outings.
Family Hotel for parents and children with organic farm, petting zoo and pony paddock at the foot of the South Tyrolean Dolomites.
In the Family Hotel Sonnwies you find everything you need for relaxation and recreation on more than 1000 square meters of wellness area.
70 hours action and adventure with our trained staff
- 50 minutes drive from Sonnwies
- Highest mine of Europe
- Not a museum, but you directly experience the world of mining
- Exhibition and sale of minerals
- All-day adventure days for the whole family
- Show gallery for short guided tours
- The tallest woman in the world came from Ridanna/Ridnaun. You can see a replicated original in the mine